FX WELL - Who We Are
Our mission is simple and our passion is contagious! FX Well strives to positively impact people’s lives through our digital wellness platform, engaging events, and design and management of fitness centers that truly drive lasting change in clients’ well-being. Combining our years of experience in the health and fitness space with the latest wellness technologies, we provide a holistic approach and programs suited for a wide variety of audiences.
Do you have strong operational and business development skills?
Do you have a passion for health and wellness?
Do you thrive in collaborative environments?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have a great opportunity for you! The person in this newly created position plays a critical role our business success and is part of the FX Well Executive Leadership team. You lead and manage all aspects of the daily operations plus oversee business culture, strategy, and growth to support an efficient and scalable business in collaboration with other leaders. Directly supervise 3 functional directors plus the managers of our 9 fitness facilities located throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Must be a hands-on, self-starter with a start-up mentality and a team focus. Leads, influences, and motivates others through skilled communication to and interaction with staff at all levels both in-person and remotely.
Duties and responsibilities of the Director of Operations include the following:
- Lead the FX Well Texas business and people along with management and support of daily activities of the managers and team leads at all Texas locations in alignment with both our company culture and company policies, quality standards, etc.;
- Analyze structure and business using SWOT and other tools to generate recommended strategies and solutions to promote scalability, increase revenue and profits, and build out sustainable business growth;
- Work with managers to shape, execute, and monitor goals that align with overall business goals;
- Partner with the Controller and President to safeguard the financial integrity of the company, develop budgets, and grow profitability;
- Contribute to market analysis and work on sales-related projects including RFP responses, quotes, client meetings, web-tech development, and related activities; and
- Participate actively on the Leadership Team and engage regularly with staff at all Texas locations, traveling as needed within Texas and elsewhere.
Minimum qualifications for the position include the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role with proven experience in strategic planning and effective execution of business initiatives with desired outcomes within a reasonable timeframe;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an effective, skilled, people-oriented manager, including all aspects of talent and performance management to motivate and engage staff members;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or comparable work experience with a Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and listening – combined with great emotional intelligence and a servant leadership approach to working with staff at all levels and external stakeholders;
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and leadership skills with past experience and success growing service or retail business while nurturing a collaborative, kind, and action-oriented culture;
- Great operational and project management knowledge and skills, including effective negotiation, management of remote employees and teams, and a focus on deadlines;
- Must be a positive, solutions-oriented person with great judgment, skilled at managing multiple priorities effectively and with a sense of urgency while being well organized and working under pressure;
- Thrive in fast-paced, fluid, collaborative, non-hierarchical environments, and enjoys collaboration with people at all levels of the organization, plus cannot be overly ego-driven; and
- Solid computer skills including use of MS Office applications, and an interest in health, wellness, and physical fitness with prior industry experience very helpful.
Enthusiasm, high energy, team orientation, and a ‘get it done’ approach are all necessary for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus. We offer a friendly, wellness-focused work environment along with benefits. To learn more, visit www.livefxwell.com.
Salary TBD DOE. No calls & no recruiters please. EOE.